Friday, November 18, 2016

Running on empty. Again.



You would think at my age that I would know better.  But I never seem to learn until my body says STOP.

It has been an exciting, busy week fast on the heels of a successful writers’ retreat. I mention the retreat because that was the start of my fast lane dash.  When you work over the weekend, you lose that chance to catch your breath, to restore your energies so come Monday you are roaring to go.


Not me.  Now I don’t want to turn this blog into a whiny post, especially since I am a big girl, and I am doing this to myself.  


I get excited about stuff, say yes, without checking my calendar and before you know it,  for example, I have three meetings in three different cities all on one day.

And as a result:

  • ·     I have over 800 emails in my inbox waiting for an answer.
  • ·      It’s Friday and I still haven’t written my Thursday blog
  • ·      I am sneezing and coughing all over the place.


Why do we do this to ourselves?   I am constantly writing about self-care, taking time for yourself, slowing down, and so on.

I think it is time I paid attention and took my own advice.  I am switching off now and going to curl up with a good book.

See you Monday.



No comments: