Saturday, October 04, 2014

Sharing the wisdom


I recently attended a four-day conference with Brendon Burchard.  It was an intense and amazing experience, packed full of information, and now my challenge is to turn the knowledge gained into action. 

He gave us a 90-day challenge and while 10 days have now passed and nothing concrete has happened on my part, I am determined to succeed.  It’s a case of scheduling off time, getting over my fear all things technical and just doing it.   

Meantime, what I did want to do is share some of the sound bites I gained from the conference.  They are short and thought provoking and perhaps will prod you into action too.

1.              In three years there will be three billion more people on the Internet. Now is the time to ensure you have an online presence and material.

2.              If a skill is important to your overall success, master it.

3.              Pick one thing.  Do it well, and then move on to the next thing. Don’t try to do too much at the same time.  Just one thing.

4.              If you knock on the door of opportunity, don’t be surprised that work answers.

5.              If you don’t love your website, change it.  It is the face of your business.

6.              Never let your small business be small-minded.

7.              You need to build creative time into your day and stick to it.

8.              Look at your top three revenue streams and focus on them.

9.              When you question your self worth, it impacts your net worth.

10.           Your personal financial reality should not be a factor in your pricing.

He also advised that what you want to do doesn’t have to be perfect, you just have to start.  So I am.


1 comment:

Wendy Wilkinson said...

I really like all of these and I am going to print them to remind me. I will be upgrading my website. Thanks for sharing.