Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Getting my mojo back

Often you can tell what someone’s passion is because their face just lights up, there is a brightness around their eyes as they talk about it.

I was reminded of that when I saw a photo of myself that was taken at the environmental photo shoot I wrote about a few weeks ago.  The photo is amazing. The photographer captured me in action, talking to a few young women… about life, work, and everything in between.

What struck me is that I don’t always look that vibrant.  Often these days I have a harried look as I try to fit more into my day, likely more than is humanly possible.  I often feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders as I try to keep everyone happy – members, chapter leaders and yes, my family.  I am forgetting my own advice and taking life far too seriously.

When I came back from that photo shoot I remember being on a real high.  I’d not only enjoyed the experience, but as I wrote, I could see the merit in creating that personal experience for customers.

As we plan for the fall, I want to pay attention to these insights.  I have already realized that I need to delegate the paper work as I am getting bogged down in the detail and at risk of drowning in a sea of paper.  So before I go glug and under, it’s time to find someone who actually loves this type of work, because it ain’t me.

Like Phoenix rising, I am confident that if I get back to what I am good at and can spend more one-on-one time with people and small groups,  I will be a much happier camper and I will get back to being the gal in the photo.

Check out some photos of yourself.  How do you look?  Do you look happy with your lot in life, or are you, like me coasting, not doing what you are meant to be doing? 

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and from my perspective this one picture showed me what I needed to do, more than any conversation could.


Watch for the new Anne Day coming to a community near you.

No comments: