Thursday, August 25, 2011

Memory Lane

At the risk of aging myself, do you remember that song How Much is that Doggie in the Window? It was one that my father would sing to me when I was a child.

So you can imagine my delight when we spotted this little dog in a shop window. It wasn’t a pet store, just a general shop that sold assorted items. The dog clearly belonged to the owner and did not seem too happy to be there.

When I used to teach the course Your Child’s Self Esteem I would often ask the parents to reflect back on their own childhood and identify a time when they were happiest. The most frequent answer – special time spent with a parent.

Seeing that dog brought back similar memories for me. My father would have chuckled at the photo we took and worse, would likely have burst into song. Not a good thing.

No comments: