Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Feel the Fear

Remember that book by Susan Jeffers, Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway? That’s how I feel about 2011.

I have decided in my infinite wisdom that this is going to be THE year of growth, and in order to achieve the goals I have set for us, I am going for broke in hiring the staff and experts to make that happen.

Scary stuff I can tell you. But deep down I know, that if we are going to grow and succeed, I have to take a risk and staff up so we can handle that growth. I’ve also farmed out some of the staff responsibilities to outside service providers, so that in the office we can concentrate on what has to be done and what we do best.

Well, we will either be super-successful or hunkering down at the end of 2011. Time will tell and as a gambling woman, I’ve decided it will be the former, as the other option just doesn’t figure in my plans.

But you have a part of play in this plan. Are you a member? Why not? Now is the time to become part of our dynamic community of women. So my advice - first join Company of Women – it is worth it, I promise, second make sure you participate. Like anything else, you only get out of it, what you put in. So if you don’t attend events, you can’t really expect people to use your product or services – they don’t know who you are.

As Jeffers reflects, “not only am I going to experience fear whenever I am on unfamiliar territory, but so is everyone else.”

We’re in this together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anne,
Upon reading your post, my first thought about "Feel the fear..." is that's the way Science Bob McDonald (CBC) got started in his TV career.
The second thought is to encourage women to join company of women. I found "people like me" at your events.
I love that women from the whole area (GTA, York Region, Golden Horseshoe and Niagara attend events not just the ones in their area. It's fabulous to get so many different points of view.

Louise LeBrun said...

Hi Anne,
Happy New Year! And what a great way to move into its potential!

I look forward to the creation of a Company of Women chapter in the Ottawa area. During my recent visit as an Exhibitor in Oakville this past June, I was struck by the presence of something 'different' about your organization. As one who has been in business for more than 20 years, you can appreciate that I've spent much time in many women's gatherings - and this one has something special.

As you're choosing to stand tall in what you know - at the very core of your being - is already a truth, know that I am but one voice expressing what I know so many others know as their own truth. I look forward to all that you will create; and seek to co-create with you as you move forward to expand life for us all!

Warmest wishes,
Louise