Monday, September 20, 2010

HAVING A BAD DAY

What a week. Especially on Monday. It seemed like Friday the 13th not Monday the 13th. Now I knew going into the week that it would be hectic, we had a lot on, but did not allow for how so many things could go wrong, and as a result delay everything.

First our Wednesday speaker emailed to say she was stuck in Tel Aviv and might not make it back in time. Decision time. Do we cancel now or run the risk of a no-show speaker? We cancelled which meant phone calls to all registered, refunds, etc…

One of the computers is out of commission but a quick call to our tech guy, and we are back in business. The next issue of the magazine arrives – great – it is one day early and now we can ship it out. No. The website at the courier service we use is down – all day.

You get the picture I am sure. I went to check my horoscope thinking it might give me a clue – I mean - perhaps in astrology-speak mercury was in retrograde or something, but it’s not that relevant. The next day, I decide early on to read my horoscope, hoping it would shed some light on the day ahead. Guess what – same wording.

That’s strange I thought and then I see it – at the bottom of the page. The Globe and Mail was apologizing because they’d printed Tuesday’s horoscopes on Monday. Good to know. Guess we weren’t the only ones having a bad day.

1 comment:

Patti Pokorchak said...

hi Anne

I read about you having to cancel your meeting because of the speaker possibly not showing up and felt badly.

Please let me know if you ever need a last minute speaker and I can help as I know dozens of local speakers and I"m a member of CAPS ( Canadian Association of Professional Speakers).

Best regards
Patti Pokorchak, MBA
Speakers With Impact! www.SpeakersWithImpact.com +1 416-253-9974
Making your event - exceptional, educational & entertaining -- results guaranteed!

Member of CAPS - Canadian Association of Professional Speakers
To find the world's leading futurists ......... www.stFutureVoices.com