Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Checking out


I don’t know about you, but it is only when I leave my office.  In fact, leave the country and my cell phone and all electronics behind, that I really get to switch off.

Life without my business.  Hard to imagine but it is important to do, because sometimes in our hectic life as business owner, we lose track of who we are and can become too caught up in the day-to-day nuances of running our business.

It will still be there when I get back.  But I will return a different person.  Hopefully more mellow and relaxed about stuff, and my memory more in tact.  I’ve noticed lately that my hard drive must be full as I’ve been getting dates wrong or forgetting stuff.  A definite sign that it’s time to reboot and rediscover the real Anne Day.

It’s actually good to experience a few weeks without the business in the background, because there will come a day, when I won’t be the business owner and if all my identity and sense of worth is tied up in it, it doesn’t bode well for the years ahead.

And I have lots I want to do, including the two books I need to finish this summer. But somehow that is different.   I like projects like that where there is a beginning, a middle and an end.

But right now, I am at the beginning.  The beginning of a few weeks of just resting up, visiting with friends, enjoying the beautiful scenery and finding peace as the waves lash to the shore.  Sounds pretty good doesn’t it?  I’ll let you know.

Have a wonderful July.




No comments: