Friday, October 30, 2009

Confessions

My name is Anne and I don’t have a Blackberry. There I said it out loud.

I’ve been avoiding getting one because I know myself and my addictive personality. As one of our team said, the great thing about a Blackberry is you are available 24/7, but on the other hand, the problem is the same – you are available 24/7 and never get away.

I have to say that this past week has caused me to re-evaluate my decision. First my keynote speaker who was sick had emailed me to say she was not coming – but how would I know, as I was at the hotel, with no access to email. She just assumed that I had a Blackberry. Most people do.

Then when my tire blew, and my cell phone was dead – I realized that with a Blackberry I could have at least texted or emailed someone for help. As it was, I was stuck on the side of the highway waiting until a tow truck spotted me (and the dogs).

So I don’t know… is this enough to convince me to purchase one? The jury is out.
I am certainly warming more to the idea and can see some of the advantages, but my fear is I will next be announcing – my name is Anne and I am a crackberry.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Anne, I think you will become addicted to bb! This kind of technology is definitely in our advantage. Just one suggestion, to deal with the “vice” your pjs should not have pockets... regards