Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Winter be gone

I am tired of winter. I’ve had enough. I’ve discovered muscles I didn’t know I had, from shoveling the snow to my country girl role – collecting fire wood.

The other day as I was checking the weather forecast on the Internet, I noticed some ads down the side of the page for trips to Fort Lauderdale and other warmer regions. Beam me up I thought. But I also recognized that this was a company that was truly strategic in its advertising. As you’re checking to see just how low the temperature is going, of course, a trip to the sun sounds attractive.

How strategic is your advertising? How well do you understand how your ideal customer thinks, feels and spends her time? It is important to do your homework and invest your advertising dollars wisely, because when you do, you reach your target.

So am I off to Florida? No, not yet, but it sure is tempting.

No comments: