Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Imagine sitting down with your personal chef to discuss the menu for dinner... Sounds wonderful right? Well that was my lot in life last week during a two-night stay at the Hillcrest Valenova Inn in Port Hope.

What an amazing experience. Robin Dines, owner of Hillcrest and a Company of Women member, had invited me as her guest to sample the pleasures of being pampered at her retreat.

The timing couldn't have been better, as after a hectic fall, I was more than ready to get away, switch off and just hand myself over to the massage therapist and esthetician who worked wonders on my tired body.

I went with a girlfriend and we had fun reconnecting, sharing stories and talking about our lives. And back to the chef.. the food was a gourmet delight. This isn't a carrot juice type place althought the food is prepared with your health in mind.

My thanks to Robin for encouraging me to go, for making my visit outstanding and for creating a haven for women (and men) where you can regroup, re-energize and reconnect.

If you get a chance, check it out for yourself. You will be glad you did.

No comments: