Thursday, April 13, 2006

bizwomen

This week I was reminded of an important lesson in running your business - honesty is the best policy. When faced with a difficult situation, it is much better to be upfront, tell the truth, apologize and move on.

So often we prefer just to ignore what has happened or hope that it will just disappear, but does it really? As a result of getting back to the people involved, I believe I earned more respect for taking the high road.

Being a bit of a perfectionist, it's hard when events don't unfold the way I planned them. But what makes me think I am different from anyone else? Of course things can go wrong or off kilter. Contrary to my opinion, I cannot control everything. So learning to accept this and going with the flow is another vital survival skill.

Just remind me of this next time will you.

No comments: